This CDE BEST funded project included a new 36,000 square foot addition to connect the existing 10,000 square foot Jr./Sr. High School building built in 1922 and the existing 14,000 square foot Elementary School building built in 2008. The new addition included a library, cafeteria with full-prep kitchen, administration offices, science classrooms, a computer lab, music classrooms, a gymnasium with locker rooms and a weight room, and vocational shops. The project also included a renovation of the existing 1922 building and a small renovation to the existing 2008 building.
“Immediately upon JHL’s selection to be the CM/GC for our project, it became abundantly clear that they really understand the challenges that face K-12 schools in today’s world better than any contractor out there, particularly as it relates to rural school construction and guidance with CDE’s BEST Program. JHL’s preconstruction and project management teams worked together from day one of the CM/GC process as a fully integrated partner with Edison Schools, the Owner’s Representative, and Design Team, and was able to truly stretch our budget to get us the maximum amount of square footage and all of the scope that we desired. Throughout this process, JHL continually demonstrated its role as our genuine partner, constantly looking out for what was best for us, and performing far above expectations, all while working seamlessly with our staff on an occupied campus. During construction, the safety and needs of our students were always put first and the JHL team made the project a truly fun and enjoyable process.”
Edison School District