WHEX Clay Screening & Processing
This project, located at 10,000 ft elevation, involved the excavation, hauling, and screen processing of 1/2 million cubic yards of topsoil and clay overburden into appropriate stockpiles. Topsoil was stripped and hauled as excavation progressed, and the clay material was processed to meet specific gradation requirements. JHL was responsible for maintaining safe working conditions around the stockpile areas and removing any reject material to a designated location.
- 13,400 CY of topsoil removal on 2:1 slope
- 321,500 CY of Clay removed along 4 different highwall benches
- 61,940 excavator buckets fed into the plant
- Soil liner fill processing
- 200,000 CY of screened material produced
- 948 hours of run time of screening operation with reject backhaul and stockpiling of accepted materials.
- Maintain operations
- Stormwater controls